People Planning Together (PPT) is about teaching people receiving services to take a leadership role in planning a life they desire. The individual, and someone who supports them, participate together throughout the PPT class taught by people with disabilities, that are certified trainers, and create a Person Centered Description.
OTAC staff facilitates and provides support and mentorship to People Planning Together trainers, who teach other people with disabilities to take a leadership role in planning a life they desire.
Individuals learn to have a leadership role in planning and developing their ISP, or other plans they have. The information learned can be used to influence their plan having a positive impact used with brokerage, comprehensive and employment services.
Those that participate in the class:
- Learn effective techniques to listen and communicate more clearly.
- Experience shorter & more productive planning meetings.
- Effectively plan with those you support and their co-workers.
- Learn how to identify individual choice when providing supports.
Who Should Attend The Workshop?
Anyone that would want to:
- Direct their planning meeting
- Have more meaningful ISPs
- Have a job you love and do well
- Identify and share their goals
Open opportunities such as:
- Living where you want to live
- Spending more time with the people you love
- Doing things important to you
- Being a more effective supporter
- Learning new tools and having lots of fun
Watch our video about People Planning Together!
Meet the Trainers
Jennifer has been employed with Oregon Technical Assistance Corporation (OTAC) for more than 10 years as an Administrative Assistant. As a member of the OTAC ISP/Person Centered Thinking team, Jennifer has been contributing to PPT since early 2007, and teaching the two day workshop since September 2008.
As an Operations Committee Chairperson with Self Advocates as Leaders (SAAL), Eddie has been involved with SAAL since August 2003 training leadership skills and advocating for equal partners in Oregon policy and legislation. Eddie has been contributing to People Planning Together since mid 2007, and teaching the workshop since April 2008.
For more information on how to get into a class, please contact:
503-364-9943 x 214